I'll never love you like I love Batou, but I will appreciate your work so much! Right. Listen up. You got an opinion or six? You like to write? I need you. As a Comics Feature or Opinion Writer at WWAC, you'll write down your strongly-held convictions -- or the questions that are bugging you, or
Right. Listen up.
You got an opinion or six? You like to write? I need you.
As a Comics Feature or Opinion Writer at WWAC, you’ll write down your strongly-held convictions — or the questions that are bugging you, or the things you noticed when you were reading that one manga, or the analysis that bubbles up inside you very time you read an art comic… and I will edit them. We’ll go from there. You’ll be putting out a medium-to-long piece every two months, or a short-to-medium piece every month. We’ll have fun, telling people what’s what, together.
You don’t have to have a particular style of writing. You don’t have to have any particular approach. You don’t need the experience of having been published, and you don’t need to be young or old or in between.
What you do need is:
- To be someone to whom “woman” is acceptably applicable (or “girl,” girl’s OK too)
- Two long form opinion pieces to share with me (an argument you got into on Tumblr is fine, as long as you approached the argument with earnest thought and decent research)
- A well of ideas that won’t run dry
- The bravery to submit a bunch of words you’re sure hasn’t quite captured what you were trying to say
- A lot of love for comics (manga, manhua, bandes-dessinees… yes, yes, more)
- And decent, regular availability.
Full disclosure: we’re working on our Patreon but none of us get paid yet.
In return for your great work, we can offer ours: a supportive and nurturing editorial environment, networking opportunities, review copies of relevant books, opportunity for press coverage, pep talks, and all the positive attributes of an established writers’ community wot luvs u.
Oh, and a buncha readers. So email me!