Both deaths were announced by loved ones via Twitter with Jesse’s wife stating “Jesse just died. Blood clot on lung”. The sudden passing was met with an outpouring of love and support from the comic community.
Patrick’s passing came as the result of ALS, a neurodegenerative disease. A message posted through his Twitter by a friend read that Patrick had left this world and that while “there are currently no plans for services or memorials, but when it is safe to do so, the FLUKE small press festival will happen again and it will forever serve as a remembrance of this beautiful genius and all that he gave us.”
WWAC send our condolences to the family and friends of both.
- Regina King has been announced as the director and producer of the upcoming adaptation of Bitter Root, created by David F. Walker, Sanford Greene and Chuck Brown.
- Mastodon released a new single “Forged by Neron,” from the upcoming soundtrack for the comic book series, Dark Nights: Death Metal (The kinda spooky DC crossover, with The Batman who Laughs, you know the one).
- An open letter requesting a Texas district to remove the ban on a number of books has been signed by cartoonists including Derf Backdeft (My Friend Dahmer) and Ellen T. Crenshaw (Kiss Number 8).
- Korean based webcomics site Tapas was bought for 510mil in a cash only transaction.
- Comfort Food Comics are on hiatus.