We Are Currently Seeking:
A driven, passionate writer who loves to write about comics! You will be working with the Comics Reviews Editor, Kayleigh Hearn, and other writers of WWAC to write in-depth, feminist-focused reviews and critiques of current comic books.
- Ability to write at least 1-2 comic reviews per month
- Familiarity with or willingness to cover comics outside the Big Two (Marvel and DC). This includes comics by indie publishers (Image, Dark Horse, etc.), manga, or bande dessinee.
- Willingness to take the occasional assignment from the editorial team (for example, “Hey, we’d love a review of the new Star Wars comic for WWAC! Can you please write about it?”).
- Regular availability and ability to turn in reviews in a timely manner after their release date.
What we can offer you:
- In-house editing and critique from other staff writers
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with other staff writers
- Press access and interview opportunities
- Digital previews and ARCs
Full disclosure: we’re working on our Patreon, but none of us get paid yet
To apply, send the following items to email@example.com:
- A short bio
- 2-3 links to your writing
- A paragraph or two about why you want to write for WWAC