This position is now closed.
We are currently seeking:
Do you have strong opinions on books, publishing, and book culture? Then do we have the position for you!
In your role as Book Section Writer at WWAC, you’ll be expected to contribute 2-3 posts a month and when available the occasional short news announcement. Applicants should be avid readers, knowledgeable about the book industry, and able to look at issues through a feminist lens. Though we’re open to all sorts of ideas, we’d love people who can talk intelligently about literary non-fiction, adult science fiction and fantasy, picture books, middle grade novels, and short fiction (including magazines, journals, and anthologies).
Note: This is not a review position. Instead, we’re looking for pieces like profiles, interviews, lists, essays, and opinion pieces.
What we can offer you:
- In-house editing and critique from other staff writers
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with other staff writers
- Press access and interview opportunities
- Digital previews and ARCs
- Full disclosure: we’re working on our Patreon, but none of us get paid yet
To apply, send the following items to email@example.com:
- A short bio
- 2-3 links to your writing
- A paragraph or two about why you want to write for WWAC