We are Currently Seeking:
Our book section is growing here at Women Write About Comics and we’re looking to add three new members to our team. Are you an avid reader, knowledgeable about book the industry, and have writing experience? Then we want you! You will be working closely with the Books Editor, Christa Seeley, and other WWAC writers to deliver book reviews, news, and opinions with a feminist focus.
We’re specifically looking for people to cover the following areas:
- Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
- Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction
Our Ideal Candidates:
- Can commit to 1-2 book reviews a month and 1-2 book features or news posts a month.
- Contribute regularly to collaborative posts.
- Reads internationally and beyond the canon (ie. more than just straight white dudes).
- Is an intersectional feminist progressive who grooves with our core values.
What We Can Offer You:
- In-house editing and critique from other staff writers.
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with other staff writers.
- Press access and interview opportunities.
- Digital previews and ARCs.
- No money though. (Not yet.)
How to Apply
Send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short bio.
- 2-3 links to your writing.
- A paragraph or two about why you want to write for Women Write About Comics.