THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Applications for WWAC’s Lifestyle and Art editor positions will be closing at 5 pm EST today.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a background in web writing and editing — not necessarily paid.
- Art Editor applicants should know sequential art cold and have a passion for fine arts, illustration, and bookmaking.
- Lifestyle Editor applicants should have a good handle on at least 3 of these topics: crafting, DIY, cooking and food, cosplay, street fashion, sports (not pro!), adventuring, and travel.
- Should be able to edit pieces on artforms outside her wheelhouse without panicking.
- Is comfortable with WordPress, Google Drive, and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Has a contact list full of solid bloggers and freelancers (or is a talented networker).
- Is excited about working with WWAC as we grow online and move into print (yup, that’s the goal).
- Is an intersectional feminist progressive who grooves with our core values.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Writing! Quite a bit of it, as we develop this brand new section.
- Planning, assigning, and developing stories.
- Working with our writers to develop regular features.
- Hustling up guest posts.
- Editing submissions. (Chicago)
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings.
We Can Offer You:
- A small, highly-collaborative editorial team and a no-bullshit work environment. You’ll be working WITH us, not FOR us.
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with our writers and editors.
- Freedom to manage and shape your section (mostly) as you see fit.
- Skillsharing workshops. Of a kind.
- No money though. Not yet. (We’re all waiting on that.)