Do you love sequential art? Do you also love fine arts? And bookmaking? And the ways they all intersect? Oh, hey. You might just be our new arts editor!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Writing! Quite a bit of it, as we develop this brand new section.
- Planning, assigning, and developing stories.
- Working with our writers to develop regular features.
- Hustling up guest posts.
- Editing submissions. (Chicago)
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a background in web writing and editing — not necessarily paid.
- Knows sequential art cold and has a passion for fine arts, illustration, and bookmaking.
- Should be able to edit pieces on artforms outside her wheelhouse without panicking.
- Is comfortable with WordPress, Google Drive, and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Has a contact list full of solid bloggers and freelancers (or is a talented networker).
- Is excited about working with WWAC as we grow online and move into print (yup, that’s the goal).
- Is an intersectional feminist progressive who grooves with our core values.
We Can Offer You:
- A small, highly-collaborative editorial team and a no-bullshit work environment. You’ll be working WITH us, not FOR us.
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with our writers and editors.
- Freedom to manage and shape your section (mostly) as you see fit.
- Skillsharing workshops. Of a kind.
- No money though. Not yet. (We’re all waiting on that.)
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Tell me a bit about you! ‘ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’What does our arts section look like%26#x002c; one year after your glorious reign begins?’ type=’textarea’/][contact-field label=’Why WWAC? ‘ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]