Are you all about crafting, DIYing, sporting, or adventuring? Do you you give all of your hobbies a geeky twist? Are you looking for a new challenge? You might just be our new Lifestyle Editor! #jazzfingers
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Your Responsibilities Would Include:
- Writing! Quite a bit of it, as we develop this new-ish section.
- Planning, assigning, and developing stories.
- Running interactive challenges and giveaways — often!
- Editing submissions. (Chicago)
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a background in web writing and editing — not necessarily paid.
- Has a good handle on at least 3 of these topics: crafting, DIY, cooking and food, cosplay, street fashion, sports (not pro!), adventuring, and travel.
- Is comfortable with WordPress, Google Drive, and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Has a contact list full of solid bloggers and freelancers (or is a talented networker).
- Is excited about working with WWAC as we grow online and move into print (yup, that’s the goal).
- Is an intersectional feminist progressive who grooves with our core values.
We Can Offer You:
- A small, highly-collaborative editorial team and a no-bullshit work environment. You’ll be working WITH us, not FOR us.
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with our writers and editors.
- Freedom to manage and shape your section (mostly) as you see fit.
- Skillsharing workshops. Of a kind.
- No money though. Not yet. (We’re all waiting on that.)