This position has been filled.
We are looking for an experienced features editor to manage our existing monthly columns and possibly commission more! Journalism, publishing, and communications (and related) students are more than welcome to apply.
Our columns include:
- Comics Academe
- Reading Diaries: Conversations Between Readers
- Sell It Like It Is: The Comics Industry In Focus
- Fail Better: Dubious Advice On Request
- Greetings From Your Local Librarian
- Shopping: The Local Comics Store
The ideal candidate:
- Is flexible, detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Can commit to and comfortably participate in weekly editorial meetings.
- Can juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Is comfortable subbing for other section editors (news, reviews, features) when necessary.
- Has a contact list full of solid bloggers and freelancers (or is a talented networker).
- Is excited about working with WWAC as we grow online and move into print (yup, that’s the goal).
- Reads internationally and beyond the canon (ie. more than just straight white dudes).
- Keeps abreast of international arts and entertainment news–not just geek culture!
- Is an intersectional feminist progressive who grooves with our core values.
What We Can Offer You:
- A small, highly-collaborative editorial team and a no-bullshit work environment.
- The chance to build big, collaborative projects with our writers and editors.
- Freedom to manage and shape your section (mostly) as you see fit.
- Press access and interview opportunities.
- Digital previews and ARCs.
- No money though. Not yet. (We’re all waiting on that.)
To apply, simply fill out the form below![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]